For the last few weeks the words ‘write blog post on personal website’ have been on the top of my to-do list. And yet, I have yet to write a frigging word. Until now.
I haven’t updated this site until June. It’s been four frigging months. A lot has happened since then, and I’m not just talking about Ebola, ISIS and Malaysian Airlines. The world of Andrea has undergone a drastic amount of changes, too.
In case you’re out of the loop, I thought I’d put together a quick list of what’s changed since I last updated this site along with a promise to update it at least once a week from this point forward!
1. I, along with my beau, Ankit Rawat, left Dubai in August.
2. We decided to ditch the UAE and our corporate existences in favour of a never ending trip around the world.
3. With this in mind, we launched the website Scribble, Snap, Travel where we chronicle our adventures.
4. So far we’ve visited three countries together; Vietnam, Thailand and India.
5. While I absolutely love travelling, I’ve begun to hate all the clothes in my backpack. I plan to buy a whole new wardrobe when we stopover in Dubai in December.
6. Best part about travelling? Waking up in a new place and thinking of all the possibilities for exploration.
7. Worst part? Horrendous bus/train/plane journeys.
8. I’m still freelancing. Dodgy WiFi connections the world over like to make it difficult for me to do so, but I still power through.
9. I still maintain being a writer is the best job in the world; I can work where I want, when I want. What’s not to love? If you’re thinking of becoming a freelance writer, check out this post I wrote on how to do so.
10. We have no plans to stop travelling any time soon. So like our Facebook page and come along for the ride!