I sheepishly say a big hello to you all. It’s been a while, and every time I look at my website I feel embarrassed at the fact that I have not updated it in almost two months. Absolutely pitiful behaviour.
So where have I been? That’s a good question. I really don’t have much of a justification other than I have been incredibly busy and trying to adjust to a) being back in Dubai and b) being a full-time freelancer.
To break it down, these last two months I have:
1. Discovered that while freelancing is as great as I imagined it to be, that I can get very lonely at times.
2. Eaten more curries than I care to think of.
3. Started Bikram yoga again in an attempt to quash the effects of the aforementioned curries.
4. Found that relationships can be hard work, but that they’re totally worth it if you’re with the right person.
5. Developed insatiable cravings for jalapeño peppers (and no, I’m not pregnant)!
6. Worked for one of the most disorganised project managers of my entire life, which has made me even more thankful to be away from corporate culture.
7. Suffered from numerous ailments including severe back pain (which turned out to be inflamed ribs) and an ear infection.
8. Reconnected with all the friends I missed so dearly when I left Dubai.
9. Completed two pretty big corporate projects and one magazine project.
10. Lost my temper, regained my temper, lost focus, regained focus, lost my mind, regained my mind – all the while bringing myself back to earth and reminding myself that I’m currently a damn lucky person.
So now I have the explanation out of the way with, I can get back down to the business of blogging. As I’m no longer going travelling long-term, I will have to amuse you all with other topics of interest. I’m sure it won’t be hard, though!
It’s good to be blogging again!